As a National Security Agency Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Operations, MSU and EMCC students can apply for full scholarships to enroll in MSU cyber security degree programs.
Personnel interested in this scholarship must:
Contact Dr. Hamilton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your completed application must be emailed to Dr. Hamilton by 4:30 p.m., Monday February 4th, 2018.
To be eligible for the CySP opportunity described in this announcement, you must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
a) You must be 18 years of age or older.
b) You must be a citizen of the United States at the time of application. Note, if family members are not U.S. Citizens, some DoD Agencies may be unable to process the applicant (student) to the security clearance level required. Every effort will be made to assign eligible students at an Agency without such restrictions.
c) You must be enrolled at Mississippi State University or East Mississippi Community College.
d) You must have
completed (or by August 2019 will have completed) at a minimum:
the first year of an associate’s degree; or
first two years of an undergraduate degree program; or
a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree
And be eligible to: begin a second year of an associate’s degree (with continuation to a 4-year degree program); or
begin either the third or fourth year of an undergraduate degree program; or
begin the first or second year of a Master's degree program; or
pursue doctoral studies
e) You must be pursuing a course of study and/or have a declared major in one of the scientific, technical, or managerial disciplines related to cyber or with a concentration in cybersecurity. For these purposes, the scientific, technical and managerial disciplines related to computer and network security and cybersecurity are:
Cyber Security and Operations
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Industrial & Computer Engineering
Business Information Systems
Scholarship Pays for:
Scholars will receive annual stipends of:
$20,000 for community college students
$25,000 for upper division undergraduate students
$30,000 for graduate students
Selected scholars will receive one-year scholarships, with an option to continue contingent upon receipt of additional program funds:
2. Mandatory or general fees as determined by the institution. Optional or miscellaneous fees will not be covered.
3. Book allowance of approximately $1,250 annually.
4. Travel funding for one cybersecurity conference per academic year: continental US-held conferences only.
5. One-time cost of laptop or tablet (approximately $1,500) for coursework and/or electronic books
(returning scholars who continue from prior year(s) and/or continue for an additional degree/certificate will only receive one laptop)
Scholarship Application Materials:
Applicants are required to submit a complete scholarship application and submit electronically by email to Dr. Hamilton. Required documents are listed below.
DO NOT INCLUDE SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, COPIES OF PASSPORTS or DRIVERS LICENSE, BIRTH CERTIFICATES, or ANY OTHER TYPE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. HAND WRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
FOR STUDENTS NOT CURRENTLY IN THE CySP: An acceptable application package for the CySP consists of the following requirements:
1. The CySP Student Application completely filled out and signed. (Attachment D)
2. Separate sheet highlighting recognitions, honors and awards. You may attach a separate sheet of plain 8 ½” x 11” paper on which you record your responses or the continuations of your responses. On each such page, indicate your name.
3. Supplemental Academic Sufficiency Statement. You must complete the Statement of Academic Sufficiency supplement to the OF612, to which you must attach the following additional supplemental statements:
5. One (1) Letter of Reference from a current faculty member who is fully knowledgeable of your potential for successful learning, your knowledge, and your ability. See remainder of application package for instructions about the content of this Letter of Reference. Letters must be on University letterhead and contain the full name and contact information of the faculty member (phone, email, and address).
6. One (1) additional Letter of Reference from either a current or former faculty member, or a current or former supervisor who is fully knowledgeable of your potential for successful learning, your knowledge, and your ability. See remainder of application package for instructions about the content of this Letter of Reference. Letters must be on official letterhead and contain the full name and contact information of the faculty member or current/former supervisor (phone, email, and address).
7. Official (certified) Transcripts from all the institutions of higher learning you have attended. Electronic transcripts may be accepted as long as they are certified by the institution.
8. Supplemental Competency Statement: Knowledge, Skills and Attributes: You must complete the OF612 Supplemental Competency Statement with narrative responses that describe the level of your attainment of the knowledge and ability factors indicated. See remainder of application package for instructions about the content of this supplemental statement.
9. Signature of the Supplemental Statement of General Academic and Employment Conditions. If you agree with the all of the academic and employment conditions required for your receipt of scholarship assistance and appointment under the CySP, and wish to be considered for it, you must sign the OF612 Supplemental Statement of General Academic and Employment Conditions, which is the last page of the Attachment D, Student Application